Financial and Academic Support
BioBAT tenants can benefit from New York City and State’s commitment to life science research, and BioBAT’s connections to world-class academic and medical institutions.
BioBAT is a STARTUP NY city and state tax-free zone, giving its tenants the opportunity to operate free of state and city taxes for a period of up to 10 years. Click here to learn more about STARTUP NY and the other state and city incentives available to BioBAT tenants.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
BioBAT offers its tenants access to the resources of SUNY Downstate Medical Center, including:
- Affordable vivarium for animal testing
- Students and clinical staff
- Specialized research facilities
- Medical and scientific library
- Personnel and subjects for clinical trials
- Entrepreneurship program: “The Next Milestone”